- Woven landing carpet, with a polypropylene cut pile, burgundy coloured and slight floral pattern.
- Visible burn mark on carpet.
- The burn mark is situated at the top of the stairs approximately two feet from the top step.
- The above burn mark has the shape and size of a typical domestic iron.
- The heat from the iron has melted the synthetic pile to the base of the fibre.
Suggested remedial action
- Because the carpet pile is melted to the base and there are no spare off-cuts, no repairs can be successfully carried out.
- It would seem the only option available is to replace this area of carpet.